My name is Caitlyn. I am 10 years old. I have Asperger's, (Autism) OCD, ADHD, and generalized anxiety disorder.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Yet another iPad update

After I posted above successfully arguing for a trial with the iPad, I was contacted the next morning and told it was NOT officially approved yet and they will be getting back to me after a mysterious supervisor approves it. I'm quite irked, because if the AT "Team" and the school administrators signed off on the trial as I was told, who is this mystery person that has to be consulted, and why have they never been mentioned before now?

Unfortunately, I'd already gone out the night before and plopped down $1032.41 to purchase the 32mb, wifi only (no 3G) model, with a cover, screen protector, care coverage, and a $100 itunes card to start getting some apps with.

So for now, we're going to start using it at home with our debut on "FirstThen".


We'll see how she does with her homework, chores, and hygeine set up on this for the next week. This will also let us become familiar with the apps and be prepped to bring the iPad to the ARD/IEP meeting with us for them to check out if I can make it in person. I've also emailed to see if the OT could meet with me before the IEP so I can show her it and the programs.

Have you used some special apps? Does your Aspie use an iPad? If so, what do you like or use best?

No comments:

Post a Comment