My name is Caitlyn. I am 10 years old. I have Asperger's, (Autism) OCD, ADHD, and generalized anxiety disorder.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Very very nervous

I happen to have a panic disorder that is controlled with medication, and my anxiety level is through the roof today as the IEP/ARD approaches. I feel confident that I have the facts I need to speak with, and I have utter confidence in our advocate to advocate effectively for Caitlyn's needs, but going to the school and entering a small cramped room with 10-15 professionals who are employed by the ISD vs the 2 of us is psychologically daunting to say the least.

Trying to remain calm, and have some as-needed medication that I may definitely take today. I hate that my own disability has the potential to impact my ability to advocate effectively for my own child.

We (my husband and I, the advocate and I) have gone over the Agenda and tweaked it multiple times but I am nerve-wracked that I have forgotten something important, mis-stated something important, or will do or say something that will wreck the process/put the focus on how I worded something or a demand I've made vs Caitlyn's need for a FAPE with the correct label and support.

Please keep us in your thoughts this afternoon. As always, I am attempting to hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment