My name is Caitlyn. I am 10 years old. I have Asperger's, (Autism) OCD, ADHD, and generalized anxiety disorder.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

April update

We raised $160 via Wish Upon a Hero :) This money was used to pay for Rowan's orthotics (LFO) and for new shoes to fit over them. The remaining $16ish went towards her $60 hand splint. Insurance picked up the LFO's minus our copays once we had the correct CPT (thank you anonymous emailer of information!) Very, very grateful to everyone who donated, thank you for making this possible! One more week till the LFO's are here and I will post pics once they are.

Caitlyn continues to do well at school. We finally had a slight reduction in busy work from the one teacher we have difficulties with. She made A honor roll for this 6 weeks again. Congratulations, honey, I knew you could do it!

Caitlyn and her older brother got into a local Science Academy for middle school. We're very excited about this for next year. It's possible Rowan will get in as well, but there were 3 people ahead of us on the waistlist last week and I may not know for awhile. They are very excited about the possibilities at this school including a robotics team and programming. I'm excited about possibly being able to take them all to one school and pick them up at one school again!

Rowan's ARD is scheduled for May 16th. I'll be meeting with the autism team beforehand so will know what to expect (and will update you all as to their findings).

We have our last in home visit scheduled next week. I have not found the person to be very helpful, unfortunately. I had such high hopes about these visits. Perhaps next year will be better.

Summer's coming... EEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment