My name is Caitlyn. I am 10 years old. I have Asperger's, (Autism) OCD, ADHD, and generalized anxiety disorder.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

So today sucked ballz.


Caitlyn has been having really bad stomach pains/constipation issues for *years*. It's not been checked out beyond belly palpitation at the ped (no, IDK why) but we decided to try some diet elimination. I'm happy to report that going dairy free has gotten rid of the pain!!! It's been a little over a week and she is feeling MUCH better.

Step 2 is that we're going to take a day next week to give her Lactaid and something containing milk and see if the pain comes back, or if it's a lactose intolerance. If it does come back w/the Lactaid, we'll go back to pulling all dairy.

She is putting us through HELL with this. I never thought she ate THAT much dairy but it appears that she does especially when we have to consider bread and other items with dairy ingredients. She can't have pizza, mac n cheese, anything and it's killin her. I've found soy or other alternatives on some stuff, but let's just say mac n cheese is not happening with zero milk

Anyway last night we let her pick dinner since she felt so limited and she wanted fish from LJS.

SO, since dd2 (younger one) hadn't had dairy all day that I knew about and can usually tolerate small amounts of milk, I let her have about 3oz of cow milk since she begged for it with her hushpuppies.

Big, farking, mistake. By 7pm her nose was running. By 8pm a restricted cough was going on. We gave her Benadryl and she slept off and on through the night with me checking on her. Morning came and she woke up saying "Mommy I need to go to da Doctor" with a low grade temp.

Ped's opinion is we need to pull her off ALL milk now as she appears to have a "milk protein allergy" vs a "food intolerance". Re-ordered her RAST test. Didn't give me an answer on why she hasn't reacted at all to yogurt, mac n cheese etc just pure plain cold cow milk in a cup? Any ideas on this? I am SO confused.

Almost $150 later we have some new allergy meds for her, a nebulizer, and she's on breathing treatments every 2-3 hrs today.

Gah cowmilk I loathe you right now.

Then right when we got home I got call #1 from dd1's principal that she was having a meltdown. I had hoped she had calmed down and gone back to class, but I got a 2nd call at 1 to come pick her up. UGH.

Enter hell child. She screamed and hid from me, ran away from me, I had to carry all 85lbs of her to the car kicking and screaming while the principal held dd2's hand for me to cross the parking lot. It was SHEER HELL. The cause of all of this? HER SOCKS WERE BUGGING HER and then her teacher took something away from her and it just escalated.

:headdesk: :headdesk:

Yesterday she had her orthodontist appointment, and they want to do a palatal expander for her upper jaw, then partial (old style) braces, then a retainer. Yeah, the chances of dd1 tolerating any of that in her mouth are practically ZERO. I have no clue what we are going to do.

I *want* to wait till her molars are in but her palate hasn't fused yet, so she can at least try the Invisalign option and it won't be as hellish for her, but apparently waiting might start to involve her lower jaw too because of her crossbite? WTH do I do?

I feel like we are bleeding money lately and there is soooo much I can't do but a bit at a time, especially the sensory stuff the OT is recommending. I agree with all of it, I want to get it all for her, but we're looking at beacoup $$$$$$$ and I just haven't been able to swallow it down and put that much on the cc we're still trying to pay off. Right now we are just barely breaking even and I have NOT been doing much clothes shopping, etc beyond needs vs wants. Are there cheaper sources for some of this stuff I'm just missing?

I am so so sleepy and trying to stay awake till my stepdad picks up the older 2 for the weekend and DH is home to watch dd2.

No comments:

Post a Comment