My name is Caitlyn. I am 10 years old. I have Asperger's, (Autism) OCD, ADHD, and generalized anxiety disorder.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

PECS is working wonderfully!

We've done a trial for two mornings in a row using our morning visual schedules. Everyone has one, including dear husband and I (this also lets the kids know where to find us at a given time).

In two days we have gone from constant chaos in the mornings and lateness to a mom's dream!

We're up at 6am (according to the schedule) but haven't acclimated yet and have accidentally been sleeping till 6:30. The PECS are still working though and everyone has been on time or early to work/school.

When we all leave, the following chores are already one:
  1. Everyone has eaten a hot breakfast and the dishes are washing in the dishwasher
  2. Table and counters have been cleaned off
  3. One load of laundry has been washed and is in the dryer
  4. ALL beds are made
  5. ALL dirty clothes are downstairs
  6. Everyone has their hair brushed and teeth brushed
  7. DS and I have had our showers (the girls and DH wash hair at night)
There has yet to be any major drama or meltdowns. Everyone knows what is expected of them. I'm really not having the online time in the mornings that I'd gotten used to, but I can either get up earlier to enjoy that or really, I'm doing fine without it.

I get to come home to a house that is fairly clean and not too cluttered, which has me less stressed and means I will be able to get to the deeper-cleaning things that were taking up a lot of our evening and weekend time before people get home from work/school. The kids do have some afternoon chores, but very few. (Summer will bring more in terms of yard work, but there won't be 8 hours gone to school to balance that.)

I had them all laminated at the teacher's supply today and told them to expect me back frequently :) At 50 cents per foot heat laminated (and that's 36" WIDE!) it's a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment